• 2021 Theme
• The English Ministry's 2021 Theme is "REBUILD." In the first quarter of the year, we will be spending some time finishing up the Beatitudes. Then we will move into the Book of Romans. During this quarter, our Sub-Theme is focused on the "GOSPEL."
• 2021-2022 Deacons, Department Coordinators and Deacon Representatives
• Please refer to the attached for detailed postings of 2021-2022 deacons, department coordinators and deacon representatives.
• 2021 Church Event Calendar
• Please see the attached.
• Our church has only scheduled events for the first half of the year due to COVID-19.
• Rev. Caleb Choi
• He will return to Hong Kong on January 21st to attend his daughter Grace's wedding.
• Pastor Choi will be on leave until February 27th.
• The Membership Department
• Will organize an online Chinese New Year celebration evangelical event this year. We sincerely invite all fellowships in both the Chinese and English Departments to participate. Please invite new believers or non-believers to attend.
• Date: February 6 (Saturday)
• Time: 2:00-4:00 pm
• Zoom link: T.B.C.
• Christian Literature P.O.D.
• Our next P.O.D. will be held on Monday, January 25th, at 8 pm via ZOOM. We will be going through Book Three of Mere Christianity
• Children's Ministry
• Our next Book Club gathering is on Saturday, January 23th, at 2 pm. If you have friends that have children, they are welcome to come to join us! More information will be posted on the Children's Ministry webpage
• Young Adult Small Group
• Our next fellowship will be on January 22nd at 8:00 pm
• E.M. Adult Sunday School
• Beginning February 7th, 2021, the English Ministry will be offering Bible Study Classes (A.K.A. Sunday School) on Sunday mornings from 10:00 am to 11:00 am. Sunday School is an excellent opportunity for all of us to learn more about God's Word and develop our relationship with Him. We will be studying the character "Jonah" in our first series of classes.
• Because of the addition of Sunday School, our Sunday service will shift at the beginning of February. Here is the schedule:
▪ Sunday School: 10 - 11:00 am
▪ Prayer Time: 11:05 – 11:25 am
▪ Service: 11:30 am – 12:45 pm
• Looking for ways to serve?
• Here are some areas that the English Ministry needs volunteers. Please contact Lucia Lin for more information on Video Editing, Sunday Audio &Video, and Worship Team
Thank you, Lord! Mark Wong, Winston Jang and Leslie Chen have registered for the Kairos course. Please pray for the students and instructors and their families to help care for their young children. The course's date is from Mondays, January 11th to March 8th or Thursdays, January 7th to March 4th.
The church's 34th mission conference will be held on February 27 & 28. The main speaker for this event is Rev. Francis Tam.
12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold
of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have
taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
What's holding you back from pursuing a life with our Lord Jesus Christ?