English Ministry Pastor
CCCC is seeking an English Ministry Pastor
Coquitlam Christ Church of China (CCCC) is an independent non-denominational Christian church located in Coquitlam, BC, Canada. The church was planted in January 1988 by Christ Church of China (located in Vancouver). A multi-congregational church with worship services and programs provided in Cantonese and English, CCCC is currently seeking a full-time English Ministry Pastor to lead our English congregation and oversee children ministry.
The successful candidate is a God-fearing and caring individual who has a heart to serve and is committed to preaching the Gospel. The successful candidate will play a vital role in providing vision, pastoral guidance and spiritual leadership for the English-speaking congregation of CCCC, and will be dedicated to nurturing and strengthening the congregation’s Christian faith.
● Must have God’s calling into church ministry and demonstrates qualifications of an overseer as outlined in 1 Timothy 3.
● Bachelor's degree from an evangelical Bible college; seminary graduate is preferred.
● 3-5 years experience in full-time pastoral ministry.
● Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Enjoys teaching and mentoring others and works well in a team environment.
● Demonstrates an understanding in Chinese culture and the challenges of English ministries in first and second generation immigrant churches.
● Demonstrates proficiency in written and spoken English.
● Adheres to CCCC's Statement of Faith.
Reporting to the Senior Pastor/Deacon Board, the English Ministry Pastor:
● Provides pastoral guidance and spiritual leadership for the English-speaking congregation of CCCC, which includes youth (Gr 7-12), college students and adults.
● Senses the spiritual need of the congregation and develops plans and programs to meet them.
● Leads the English Ministry planning team and oversees various ministries. Existing ministries include English worship service, discipleship programs, Bible study, youth group, college group and adult group, missions opportunities, retreats and other programs.
● Proactively connects with and develops people in their spiritual walk, pointing them towards Christ. Proactively discovers and equips people who have the passion to serve God.
● Prepares and preaches sermons for Sunday Worship Service.
● Provides pastoral care to the English congregation, including counselling, mentorship and visitations.
● Collaborates with the Senior Pastor/Deacon Board and other church leaders in carrying out the mission of the church. Liaises with various Chinese ministries through Deacon Board and Department Coordinator meetings.
● Performs other duties as required.
To apply for this position
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letters can be addressed to the English Pastoral Search Committee.
For more information, please visit our website at www.cccconline.ca.